The Department of Environmental Protection and Conservation (DEPC) has five key objectives:
- Develop an appropriate legislative framework to lead and guide clean, resilient and sustainable development
- Strengthen compliance and enforcement of environmental legislation
- Improve coordination between stakeholders (government sector, private sector, donor partners and non-government organisations)
- Develop and implement the National Environment Policy and Implementation Plan 2016 – 2030
- Improve the resourcing, revenue collection and working environment for DEPC.